Monday, April 2, 2012

Necklaces for your neckline

You have your round necks, your boatnecks and your v-necks. You can have any neckline you want, but remember: not all necklaces work for all necklines. I know I'm not the one who should be lecturing here; I've been wearing the same old necklace since August. But what I do know is that we haven't posted in AGES, so I might as well put something out there.

First I'm going to cover round necks. The best necklace type never has a charm or anything else that might pull it down into a V-shape. Round collar, round necklace. Pearls tend to look good depending on the colour of your top, and chokers are all right, especially with a longer necklace to balance it out.

Boatnecks are good with either a choker or a pendant dropping almost to waist level. A small necklace with a charm is all right in this situation but the main thing to steer clear of is a necklace that randomly goes under the shirt, covering the charm. If the neck is low make the necklace fit an inch or so above the neck of your shirt, or far below it.

V-necks can look really defined with a charm necklace, especially if it fits the shape of the neck. A layered strand necklace works as well if it isn't too long and if the lengths are just right.

I hope this helps,

-Scorpio

No comments:

Post a Comment